Thursday, October 17, 2013

31 Days of Goodwill Style - Day 17 - Ignore the Sizes


When I was in the Goodwill Fashion Show, I was styled by Kim of Style Savvy with Kim.  One Saturday, we met at a Goodwill, and she tried all kinds of outfits on me.

At one point, she asked me to try on a shirt that was a much smaller size than I wore.  I told her I couldn't wear a size (none of your business), and she said, "Never pay attention to the sizes."

It sounds crazy, but it was such good advice.   She wanted me to wear the shirt as an undershirt, and it was perfect as an undershirt even though it was a little tight.

Have you ever noticed that a size 8 at one store may be a size 10 or 12 at another store.  That's how it is with Goodwill.  With so many different brands, just ignore the sizes and hold the piece up to you and see if it's close to your size.

If you get stuck thinking you are only one size, that prevents you from trying on a lot of clothes. When you ignore the sizes, you just might be surprised that something works that is a smaller or larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment