Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blessing #215 - Summer Bucket List

Well Labor Day is over, and with it summer is over too at least it is in my book.

At the start of the summer, I put up a summer bucket list in our pantry.  Our family had never done a bucket list before, but we had so much fun picking out what would make our bucket list.  


Here are a few things that we marked off our bucket list.

We didn't get to make it to the ocean this year, but we did play on the "beach" of the lake where we vacationed.  Close enough!


We were lucky enough to see fireworks twice! Once on the fourth of July,


We also saw fireworks at a baseball game.


Speaking of ball games, we got to go to an Orioles game, (I loved Camden Yards)


We also went to a minor league game at the Aberdeen Ironbirds.


The boys played in the sprinkler several times, but I never got a picture.  I did get a picture of Brandon turning in his first round of summer reading.


One of our biggest accomplishments this summer was that our entire family, all four of us, completed a summer reading form at our local library.  I'm not going to lie. I was really proud of us for that one.

We had our water fight just last week!


I missed a picture of our sidewalk chalk masterpiece, but Brandon made a great fish aquarium on our sidewalk.

The boys and I went to the Herr's chip factory, and I loOoOoOoOoved it! It was fascinating! I nerded out several times.


We had friends over for a dirt party, and when we were in Georgia, the boys had an impromptu dirt party with friends.


About once a week, we grilled out!


We went to one car show that was all about Chevelles.


We also went to another massive car show in our town.


We didn't finish everything on our bucket list. B didn't get his swim lessons. We didn't make homemade ice cream, and we never picked berries.

I kind of like that we didn't finish the whole list.  There is always next year!



Well, that's what we did this summer! Having the bucket list encouraged us to get out and have some fun.  We loved marking those big "X's" when we accomplished something.

We are definitely doing a fall bucket list! If you have any ideas of things we could add to the list or see any good ideas on Pinterest, please send them our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment