Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blessing #209 - Kitchen Shelf

In April, I banished my kitchen of paneling and brightened it up with some paint. In case you don't remember, here is the before and after picture.


When I wrote that post, I didn't show the other side of the room because it wasn't really finished. As soon as I finished painting the room, Shad hung a shelf over the washer and dryer for me, but I couldn't figure out how I wanted to dress that shelf. That shelf sat bare for four months, but last week, I figured out how I wanted it to work.

I didn't want my kitchen to have a set color theme, but I knew I wanted to kitchen to be less formal than the rest of the house.

Here is the finished look....


I always knew I wanted that crossstich over the shelf.  I first fell in love with this at Mrs. Potterhouse's house.  In December, I was so happy to find something similar unmatted and unframed at an antique store for $10.

When you walk in the door, you eye is distracted by the shelf from the washer and dryer.


Here is that side of the kitchen before painting....


And after painting and the new shelf...

It may have took me four months to figure it out, but I love how the shelf ended up looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment