Thursday, August 15, 2013

Blessing #207 - A Menu Board

It's been a good while since I have blogged last. My summer with the boys has been fun...but intense. I love them to death and we've had a great, fun summer, but like I said it's intense. It takes a lot of work to get all the energy out of two little boys so they don't turn that energy out on the destruction of my house.  The boys and I have had a fun and busy summer, but that didn't leave much time for house projects. However, school is starting up next week, and I'm itching to get back to some projects.

Today, I just wanted to share a piece that I put in my kitchen last week, my menu board.  A few months ago, I found this Pepsi sign at a yard sale for $2.


This was not your normal yard sale.  It was a warehouse of somebody that had a restaurant.  The sign was cool, but what really sweetened the deal was a bag of extra letters that I found and asked if they could be thrown in to sweeten the deal. 

This Pepsi sign looks so cute as a menu board! Doesn't it!?!



Well, here's the thing.  As much as I liked it, I took the sign down just a couple of days later. Why? Let me show you a picture of my dry erase calendar in my mudroom. 


Yes, this picture was taken yesterday not months ago.  In March, a friend even pointed out my lack of calendar changing skills, but I still didn't change it.  Yesterday, after an eight month long January, I changed the calendar. Well, actually I just erased it, and then the pen wouldn't work so now the calendar is just blank. 

I had to be honest with myself, I'm just no good at calendars and menus.  Because of my forgetfulness, I knew that cute menu sign would have the same menu on it for weeks, and I knew I would feel a little tinge of guilt for not changing it. 

Who would feel guilty over not switching out a menu!?! Doesn't that sound crazy!?! But I knew it would happen so I embraced who I am and took it down.  

In place of the menu, I put up a display for the boys artwork.  A place to show off our "art" is much more fitting for our home and for me. Tomorrow, I'll be back and share that project.

Oh! And I believe I might use the Pepsi board in the boys room.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment