Friday, February 15, 2013

Blessing #186 - The Best Gift He's Ever Given

Over our years together, Shad has given me some good gifts.  My primary love language is gifts so he always does a great job.  He's given me a flowers, a Lisa Leonard necklace, pyrex, and a banjo.  He has great taste and always manages to find just the right gift for me. (What other husband would work extra to get his wife a banjo?)

I love all the gifts he has given me, but yesterday he gave me the best gift he has ever given me, hands down, no contest.

Yesterday, Shad got up around 4:30 am. I thought he just had to go in to work early because of some snow. I think I may have even huffed loudly as I rolled over in bed because he woke me up, but little did I know he woke up that early just so he could go get the boys and I some Valentines.



When I came downstairs to start my day, Shad had left me some candy, flowers, and a card. Here is what the card said....

Hey Baby, 

I love you more now than the day we met (obviously)

I love you more now than the time you sung "Go Home Weekend" (I never told you, but that song changed my life)

I love you more now than the moments we shared on our first date (Chillis)

I love you more now than all of the nights we walked all the way down the hill and said our goodbye's beside your dorm (so glad those days are over)

I love you more now than our first kiss

I could keep on going, but the point I want you to always remember is that I love you more now than I ever have!

Why? Because I would take this Stephanie and the incredible woman you have become over the girl that stole my heart 11 years ago. 

You are so much stronger, braver, prettier, passionate, determined, talented, confident, creative, funnier and I admire so much more about you than you could ever know!

I love you more, 
Shad

Proverbs 25:11 says, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver," and that is exactly how I feel about this card. His words were just the right words at just the right time. I carried the card around all day and reread it at least ten times. Those words are the best gift Shad has ever given me, better than a necklace, better than some roses, and even better than a banjo. In a week, the flowers he got me will die, but his words will stay with me.  They will be the confidence in my step, the brightness in my smile, and the warmth in my heart.

Eleven Valentines ago, to know that he loved me was pretty amazing, but to know that he loves me after eleven years, after two moves, and after two kids.  To know that he loves me when he knows my major flaws, and he's seen me at my worst.  To know he loves the woman I have become today...what a gift!
 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastіc beat ! I wish tо apprentice while you amend yοur web site, how can i subscгibе for a
    blog ωeb ѕite? Тhe аccount aiԁed mе a aсcеptable
    deal. I hаԁ been a littlе bit acquainted of thiѕ your broaԁсaѕt offеred bright clеаr idеa

    Also visіt my page :: bad credit loans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantаѕtіc bеat ! І wish tο apρrentice while
    you amend youг ωеb ѕіte, hοw
    can i ѕubscribe for a blog ωeb site?

    Τhe acсοunt aіded me а aссeptable deal.
    I had beеn a littlе bit аcquainted of thіs yοur bгоаdcаst οffeгed
    bright cleaг ideа

    Μу page - bad credit loans
    my webpage: bad credit loans

    ReplyDelete