Friday, February 1, 2013

Blessing 181 - Family Love Wall

It's February 1st! The month of love! Today I'd like to share a little project that been lots of fun for my family.

Ever since Christmas, I have really enjoyed drawing typography on my chalkboard wall.  For Valentine's Day, I wanted to do something special.

Using this pin as inspiration (you can find the original source here), I drew it up on the walls.


Once I had the chalk art up, I bought some post it notes from the Dollar Tree.  The note pad had four colors, blue, pink, green, and yellow.


Family members would write something that they love about another family member and put it on the wall.  To easily see which notes are yours, each family member was assigned a color, Shad - blue, me-pink, green-Brandon, and yellow-Collin.

Originally, I wanted to store the notes in those little silver buckets, but Collin had a little too much fun with them.


That's a lot of love right there!


For Brandon, we write down what he wants to say and he signs his name.  This is one of my favorite that he has given me.


At first, I didn't know if Shad would get into this project, and I didn't want to put pressure on him.  However, he has left me a note right in the middle of the board most mornings, and I really look forward to seeing it. A few nights ago, he said, "I haven't gotten my note yet!"

This project has been so nice, and it warms my heart every time I look in my pantry and see all that love.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment