Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blessing # 176 - New Open Shelves

Friday, I shared some updates I have made to my kitchen.  After I put the chevron paper on my back splash, my open cabinets looked terrible.  As a quick fix, I painted the inside of the cabinets grey paint leftover from my pantry makeover.

Right after Christmas, Shad found an awesome set of plates for $12 at Goodwill!  The set included 18 plates which is perfect for me and my butter fingers.

When I placed the new to me plates in the cabinet, I expected to be blown away by the impact of eighteen beautiful white plates, but I wasn't.  They looked kind of blah to me.


You may be wondering why I only have three glasses.  Maybe the rest were dirty? No, like I said, butterfingers.

I really couldn't think of what would make the cabinet look better.  With all the chevron on the walls, I really couldn't put a pattern back there, but then inspiration struck while I was looking at the Ballard Designs catalog.


As soon as I saw the plates in the back of the cabinet, I knew that was what I needed to do.  When I put up my new plate wall, there were a few plates that didn't make the cut. I guess you could call them reject plates.

I placed them on the back of the cabinet, and once I liked the arrangement, I used command strips picture hanging strips to hang them.

Here is the final look....


Now, this cabinet is awesome not blah, and the reject plates are now the stars!


For the other open cabinet, I decided to switch it up and display my newly expanded Pyrex butterprint collection.  I put my mason jars that were in the cabinet beside there so I can still use them when I cook.


I am loving my new shelves and how they just seem to finish off the new look to my kitchen!


Here's my progress so far...


I am loving the progress, and I can't wait to tackle more projects in this kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment