Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blessing #172 - Bread Crate

It's day two of shelf paper week, and in my quest to show you how awesome this stuff is I have another quick project.

For Christmas, Shad got me some pyrex and several old crates.  Yes, he did good!



Soon after Christmas, I walked around the house and looked for ways to repurpose these pretty crates.  I keep my bread on top of our refrigerator.  I really can't give you a reason for it, I just do.  Here is what it was looking like.


I knew one of my crates would be perfect for my bread! I chose the yellow Coke  crate because it didn't have any dividers in it.

When I told Shad what I was doing, he said, "That crate is really dirty!" No problem! I had shelf paper!

This brand of shelf paper is not super tacky so I was not worried about it damaging my crate.  Here is what the crate looks like after it's mini-makeover.


I just love how cheery it looks.  In the world of colors, yellow and aqua are best friends.


After the mini-makeover, I filled the crate up with my bread items and the boy's bribes......I mean....rewards.

Once I put the crate on top of my refrigerator, it looked so lonely and I searched my house for just the right piece to go with it.

The lantern I used on my Christmas mantle worked perfectly.


It's a small change, but it makes a nice difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment