Friday, December 14, 2012

Blessing #163 - Christmas Tour 2012

Today, I wanted to bring a little Christmas cheer and show the little spots of Christmas in my house.

I've already blogged about the fireplace and mantel.


We have enjoyed this fireplace so much this year.  I've had so much fun shopping for our stockings! We have never done stockings before so I would love to hear anyone's stockings traditions.


Also in the living room is our tree which I have already blogged about.


But I have to be honest.  On Monday, I came home from cleaning to find that my boys had taken a little creative license with the tree. Shad was getting ready upstairs, and when I walked in the door, I found my boys squealing with delight, ripping up tissues, and throwing them on the tree.

"Look Mommy! It's snowing on the tree" I almost got upset, but they were so proud of their idea I just couldn't do it.  I did tell them to ask permission next time they have a great idea.


I told them we would enjoy it a few days and then we could clean it up.  They were happy with that answer and were so proud of their creativity.

In the dining room, my plate wall is a great backdrop for my nativity scene and blocks I got from Dayspring's black Friday sale last year.


Also in my dining room is my Christmas fantle.


One of the things I love most about my chalkboard dresser is that it can be seasoned up so easily.


This summer, someone gave Shad a Christmas tree at a yard sale.  As soon as he told me about it, I said, "Is it prelit?" He said yes, and then I was excited.



I didn't want to buy any new decorations for this tree so I decided to use what I had.  Because of winter, I had to bring the bottles on my bottle bush inside, but they look awesome on my tree.


I found another use for my brown paper flowers on this tree.  I think I will hit up some after Christmas sales to find the right supplies for this tree.  I definitely will be using my bottles again, and that's a great excuse to collect more!

Oh! Another reason I did not fuss at the boys for the tissues on the tree is this...



Yep! Those little bows are napkins from my favorite things party.  Right when I started to say, "What were you thinking?" to them, I thought of these. I guess they saw me do it, and wanted to try.

In my kitchen, I gave my dad a shout out with this quick arrangement. Christmas to my dad is oranges, peppermint sticks, nuts, and coconut bon bons.


Right now, my absolute favorite Christmas decoration is in my pantry. Tsh, who blogs at the Simple Mom, posted on her instagram a picture of some chalkboard art she did. Using that picture as inspiration, I started working on my pantry chalkboard.

After tweeking and retweeking as I would walk by, here is what I have.


It just makes my pantry look so cute! I think I'm going to have to do this every few months. Love it! Love it! Love it!


I hope you enjoyed this tour through my home, I will be sharing this post with The Nester, The Inspired Room, It's Just Laine, and Fingerprints on the Fridge. and Cottage Magpie.
 

14 comments:

  1. Love this! Wow - you are a regular chalkboard artist!!! Thanks so much for linking up to the Homemade Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your home tour!  I love the way you did your wreath on your mantel with the JOY written in the middle.  and your brown paper flowers, going to go pin them too :)

    thanks for linking up to a Homemade Christmas linky party!

    Christina @ TheFrugalHomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I've been skeptical of the whole "chalkboard" craze . . . but you might seriously make me change my tune. I really love what you did there! :) And how cute of your boys to put tissues on the tree, haha! I'm pretty fussy about my tree and I know I'm going to have to learn to flex about having a "perfect" tree once my Wendy reaches an age of wanting to decorate and help. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer @ DimplesandtanglesDecember 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM

    Very pretty!  I just painted a chalkboard wall in my kitchen and am loving all of your great chalkboard art ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet.  Love all the chalkboard decor....I've been playing around with chalkboards this year too....also painted my wall pantry with chalk.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chalkboard art is amazing.  The story about your sons putting snow on the tree was priceless.  It sounds like something my boys would do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got to try the chalkboard craze.  It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Yes, boys will be boys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chalkboard decor you've used. The dresser is my favorite. And you are quite the artist with your chalk lettering. If I tried to do something like that it wouldn't look half as good as you've done. Beautiful decorations...even the "snowy" tree. :) 

    http://katislittlecorner.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-nifty-thrifty-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. the cape on the cornerDecember 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM

    your chalkboard wall is amazing!  i think you've perfected the look of it.  and i never thought of xmas as oranges, but i recently used some in a tablescape i did, and your dad may be on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the chalkboard decor also! So many people have this lovely handwriting and mine are just plain jane! I think I need to work on that!! ha!! :) Your home is beautiful!! 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christmas to me is clementines and peppermint sticks, too. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pantry door. You did a great job on it. Precious story about the "snow" on the tree too

    ReplyDelete