Monday, December 10, 2012

Blessing #160 - Recognizing the Christmas Spirit

Last year, Shad scored major points by starting a new possible tradition, and he surprised me and did it again this year! It is a fantastic idea so I had to share it on the blog.

For two years, Shad has bought me a small gift at the start of the Christmas season.  Last year, he surprised me with these super cute measuring cups from anthropology.


I use these measuring cups almost everyday, and I can't help but think of Shad every time I use them.

This year, I came home from cleaning and there was a present under the tree just for me.  I opened it up to find two pieces of butterprint pyrex for my collection. (The two round casseroles on the right hand side.)



These gifts are so sweet, but the reason he gives them is even sweeter.  Shad told me that I am our family's Christmas Spirit, and so the Christmas Spirit needs a gift to start the season.  Every family has a Christmas nut, and I just happen to be ours. It was a small statement, but it's one of the sweetest things he's ever said or done for me.

Often, the Christmas Nut is the driving force for Christmas, making sure the tree gets up and memories are made.  The Christmas Nut tries their best to make Christmas fun and special for everyone. Shad found a way to make the Christmas Nut feel special and needed.

If you have a Christmas Nut (a.k.a Christmas spirit) in your family, take a little time to recognize them, you never know what it will mean to them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment