Friday, December 7, 2012

Blessing #158 - A Tree Full of I Love Yous

A couple of Christmases ago (Yes, I just had to google, "What is the plural form of Christmas?"),  I mentioned our ornaments tradition. Each year, we take a special night out where we hunt for our ornaments.  Each ornament is tied to a memory of a fun night together, but there is another reason that these ornaments are so special to me.


See these boots Brandon got last year.  B loves that we found a boots ornament, but what he hasn't noticed yet is what's underneath.


On every ornament, I write the year he got it, and I always write I <3 U! In case you haven't noticed, I am deeply sentimental, and everyone of their special ornaments has a note and and I <3 U somewhere on it from me.


To most people our tree just looks like a tree full of ornaments, but to me, I see a tree of I love yous.  Someday, my boys are going to leave me, and if all goes as planned they are taking their ornaments with them.  I'm glad they'll have the ornaments, but I'm even more glad they'll have a tree full of I love yous from me.
 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! :) You are so creative. We buy ornaments every year too, that are special. But I hadn't thought of writing notes to them. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. calculatingblessingsDecember 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

    Thanks Joy! After the first couple of years I started this and I really love it.  

    ReplyDelete