Monday, November 5, 2012

Blessing #145 - Collin Turns Two

To my Collin,

Colli Bear.  Colzi.  Colsters.  Colli.  Collinator.  Colzakistan....too far?

I can't even believe how much you have grown this past year.  When we took Brandon to the Choo-Choo Barn for his birthday, I realized just how much you had grown this year.

When we visited the Choo-Choo Barn just one year before, you couldn't walk and just sat quiet in the stroller drinking a bottle.  This year at the Choo-Choo Barn, you were running around pointing and yelling, "Shoo Shoo! Shoo Shoo!"


This year, you've have become a little boy, and a force to be reckoned with.  You are very orderly.   When you are done with a plate or cup, you put it in the sink.  When you find trash, you put it in the trash can.  When you leave the room, you cut off the television and cut off the lights.

You are so orderly, I have to laugh.  Your Mimi (my mom) is that way, and I've said over and over, "She is crazy."  I just didn't understand how her orderly mind worked.  Now, I think my free spirit is going to drive your orderly little mind crazy.  Ironically, I think you'll be saying, "She is crazy," a lot with me.

You are not a morning person.....at.....all.  You are such a grump in the morning. Oh my! You need about 30 minutes before you are up and at 'em.

You have a high pitch squeal that you will let out every so often.  I'm used to it, but one day, you let a particularly high ear drum shaking squeal loose in the grocery store.  One lady jumped and spent the next twenty seconds using every profanity under the sun.  She turned around and saw that it was you, and apologized repeatedly.  I told her I was sorry for giving her a heart attack, and you just smiled.



Your favorite song is Old MacDonald Had a Farm.  At random moments, I will hear you sing, "E-I-E-I-OOOOOO!" This week you added, "E-I-E-I-OOOOOO MaDonallllll!"

You love Chickfila.  Anytime we pass one, you recognize the sign and say, "See Olay! See Olay!" (That's your word for Chickfila.)

Most of the time you think Dannon (a.k.a. Brandon) is the best big brother ever, but sometimes we have to pull you off of him.  I used to worry about Brandon being rough on you, but you have shown that maybe we need to worry about you being rough on Brandon.


I tell you all that time that you are my sunshine, and you say back, "Shunshine."

Two years ago, God put you in my life.  I'm so amazed at the little boy you are becoming.  You're cute, sweet, and friendly (to selected people).  You are one of a kind and my little sunshine.  Thank you for all the joy you have brought into my life and our family.

I love you, and I can't wait to spend another year with you.

Mom or as you call me Ma-ee


No comments:

Post a Comment