Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31 Days {Days 24} Ball Jars


If you have read the blog any time, you know I have a love for Ball jars.  I am the Crazy Cat Lady of Ball jars.  I can't say no.



I decorate with Ball jars all the time, but this weekend, I found a new use for them.

On Saturdays, I love to watch two cooking shows, Trisha's Southern Kitchen and The Pioneer Woman. 

Saturday as I was watching Trisha Yearwood on her cooking show, I could not believe it when she poured her flour and sugar out of Ball jars.  I never thought to use my jars for storing dry goods.

As soon as the show was over, I went to my Pyrex cabinet and started moving shelves and working  out the layout. Here is what I came up with...



On the advice from a blog reader, I decided to put fabric in the back of the cabinet.  Using spray adhesive,  I covered a foam core board from Walmart with some fabric that I already had.  Because the fabric is on the board and not the cabinet, it is completely removable and changeable.


The shelves did not look right at the height that were available so I drilled new holes for the little pegs that hold up the shelves.

Thanks Trisha for showing me this new use for my Ball jars! I love to change things up, but I'll think I'll keep it this way for a few months.
 

1 comment: