Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days {Day 7} Pinterest



We have finished an entire week of 31 Days to love your home!  If you've missed any days you can catch up here.

One major source for inspiration for my house is Pinterest.  I make pin boards for every room of my house and pin any rooms that I happen to see that look pretty to me.

When it's time to work on a room, I look at the pin board for that room.  A lot of times, I can see a pattern among all the rooms I pinned.



Obviously, from my kitchen board, I love kitchens with white cabinets, industrial lighting, and warm floors and counter tops.

When I wanted to change the look of my dining room table, I was not sure how a black table with white chairs would look.  By searching on Pinterest, I was able to get an idea of how it would look before I slapped white paint on my dining room chairs.


For the rooms I haven't even thought about working on yet, I am just collecting pins.  That way when it's time to work I have a whole board of inspiration ready to go.  (To see these boards on Pinterest click here.)



Just be careful when you use Pinterest.  You need to know who you are. It's easy to get sucked into the traps of perfection and comparison.  My house doesn't have to be Pinterest perfect, just a place that I love.

Note: Yesterday, I mentioned several blogs that give me inspiration.  I forgot to mention East Coast Creative.  I found them through the Nate Berkus show (moment of silence because it was cancelled).  I love their style.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment