Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days {Day 6} Inspiration


Soon after starting my journey to loving my home, I realized I had a problem.  I knew I DIDN'T like my house, but I did not know what I DID like. I needed some inspiration and direction.

Here are a few blogs that gave me inspiration....

1. The Nesting Place was one of the first places I found inspiration.  As soon as I saw her living room (which you can see here), I thought, "This is how I want my home to feel."  In the beginning, The Nester's words, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful," pushed me to focus on my goal.  I wanted to create a home where my family could feel comfortable, and not just a house that looked nice.

2. Young House Love, is the blog of a husband and wife team, Jeff and Sheri, and they are the king and queen of DIY.  Reading their blog really helped me to look at a project and say, "I can do this!"

3. The House of Smiths is a blog I found through pinterest when I was looking for pantry ideas, and I have been a reader ever since.

4. I Heart Organizing blends decorating with organizing.  Not only can I make my house look nice, but at the same time work to make it function better.

5. Less than Perfect Life of Bliss Julie can do amazing things with drop cloths.  Her projects give me courage to try sewing and maybe some reupholstering.

While magazines, show me perfect houses in a perfect world, these blogs show me great houses for real families in real life.

If you've missed any of the 31 days so far, you can catch up here. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this list! I knew- and loved- a couple of these blogs but now I have more to explore!

    ReplyDelete