Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days {Day 22} Collections


One thing I have started since I started yard salin' is collections.  When you find something you like, you can't help but get a few of them.  What do I collect?



1. Old Crates



2. Globes



3. Pyrex



4. Lace Edge Plates



5. Scales



6. Glass Bottles and Blue Ball Jars

Collecting is fun.  I realize I could get the items for my collection on ebay, but for me, the fun is in the hunt.  I can be going about my normal day, going to yard sales, and then my day brightens when I see one of the items I collect.

Even though he is rough and tough, Shad Lankford can spot a piece of Pyrex from a mile away.  He loves to find them for me because he knows I love them so much.  When he wants to surprise me, he knows just what to get.

As a collector, you have to be careful that you are collecting and not just hoarding.   For me, I want to use my collections and not just put them in a cabinet to look at.

Over the next two days, I will be sharing how I use two of my collections (Pyrex and Ball Jars) in my every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment