Saturday, October 20, 2012

31 Days {Day 20} Gallery Plate Wall


One last item I like to have on my wall is plates!  Do you remember the plate wall I put up in our old house.   If not, here it is.


As soon as I painted our dining room, I could not wait to hang up my plate wall.  Only this time, my plate wall was going to be a little different.  I was going to use all lace edge plates.  I have been collecting them here and there for two years, and I just found a big one to be the centerpiece of the display.



I started to hang it up, and I quickly realized, I didn't like it.  What?!? Months of collecting, and I didn't like it? I was only half way done, but I have left the plates up for a few weeks, trying to figure out what could be the problem.  Here is what it might be....

1. I just hung it up quickly without measuring.  I had good intentions, but not the patience.

2. The lines on the paneling are throwing me off.

3. The buffet lamps make it difficult to judge.  Maybe they need to go.

4.  The wall color is wrong and everything just washes out on the wall.



As much as I hate it, I'm really leaning towards #4.  This paint color that I put so much work into, I don't think I like.  I haven't made up my mind yet, but I have a gallon of paint left over from painting my living room.  I loved that color and it just might get used in the dining room.

Right now, I think I am going to make a sign with our monogram on it, and put some lace edge plates around the sign.  I'll let you know when I get it done.  As to repainting the entire room, we'll see.

Sometimes in your home, your best plans just don't work out. Sometimes things look good in your head, but they look different in real life.  Sometimes you have to move to plan B.

 

1 comment:

  1. Someone necessarily assist to make significantly articles I might state.
    That is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far?

    I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular put up incredible.
    Wonderful job!
    Here is my web-site : home business

    ReplyDelete