Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Days {Day 16} Spray Paint Your New Best Friend


A few years ago, before I started loving my house, I went to a friends house.  She had a beautiful collection of white vases on top of her cabinets.  When I complimented her on them, she said, "Oh those are just cheap vases spray painted white."  I couldn't believe it.  I guess I only thought of using spray paint for graffiti.  I never thought to use spray paint on things in my home.

Since that day, spray paint has become my best friend.  Here are some of the projects I have used spray paint on.


A few years ago, we found a bunch of frames that someone was throwing away.  They were brown, but with a little white spray paint they are perfect now.


I've had this L for several years.  It was black, but I spray painted it white just a few weeks ago to fit in with a new look.


Those pumpkins were originally brownish, but I spray painted them orange.  (You can see the before here.)  I also spray painted the sticks white.



My "hi" planters were originally brown, but I love them in black.

A little black spray paint made these hanging baskets and wire go from this...


To this....




I wish I had the before shot of these rockers, but they were brown, but a few cans of spray paint later and they are bright white.  The table in the center was also spray painted.


This stool in my pantry was originally green, but it fits right in after I sprayed it light blue.  (Collin uses it to get in the sugar bowl.)

Spray paint opens up an entire world.  When you shop second hand, there is a good chance the piece won't be exactly like you want it, but a little spray paint can make it perfect.   
 

2 comments: