Friday, October 12, 2012

31 Days {Day 12} Goodwill Hunting



This week, we have shopped our home and the trash...correction curb, and now it's time to actually spend some money (but not much).

 The next place I find furnishings for my house is Goodwill. I've said it a lot on the blog, but I loOoOoOve my Goodwill! Seriously! If you doubt just look at these posts.

 When I started loving on my house, the first piece of furniture I bought (way back in Blessing #3) was from Goodwill.



When I bought that piece, I had a big "ah ha moment." When I first saw it, I said, "That would be pretty in the entry of our dream home."

What!?! I love this piece of furniture, and I would have missed out because I was waiting for my dream home to put it in.  For $20, I got a little piece of my dream home right now!

Anyway, rather than show you all the pieces in my house that came from Goodwill, I decided to take you on a Goodwill trip with me.

Everyone tells me, "I never find anything when I go to Goodwill." That's probably true! Part of being a good Goodwiller (say that five times fast) is going often.  The store is always changing, and you never know what you might find.

However, I wanted to show you what you can find on a normal day at Goodwill. On Tuesday, I went to a Goodwill, and found nothing....nada, but yesterday, I went to Goodwill, and here is what I found.


This cute $5 chalkboard would look awesome painted a bright color and put in a playroom.


I love trunks! Especially stacked on top of each other.  This one was $15.


This lamp was just $5.  OOh! Look that dress is really cute!


Focus Stephanie! Focus.  You are here to show people the awesome home decor at Goodwill not the clothes.


Most Goodwills have brand new items from Target.  This comforter set was $60.  Goodwills prices are sometimes negotiable.  It all depends on what it is, how long it has been there, and who you are talking to.  You can try to negotiate.  I think it works about 50% of the time.


These $5 plates would look cute on a wall!


I tried to focus okay! But I've been looking for a blazer just like this one. I just had to throw it on over my clothes. (Yes, that is my baby's feet .  I think he is trying to slip under the door.)

All these pictures are things I found in just ONE visit to Goodwill.  This day though, all I went home with was the red blazer. C'mon! It matched my outfit.

Are you a believer yet? Goodwill has so many amazing things. Not just clothes, but great things for your home.  If you are still on the fence, just look at what your money does at Goodwill. 

If you are looking for more tips on Goodwillin' check out this post from The Simple Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment