Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blessing #135 - Lazy Girl's Paper Flowers

Although I am do not normally decorate for the different seasons, this year I couldn't help but celebrate the coming of fall.....correction Autumn. Because this time of year is so beautiful, Autumn seems like a much more fitting word than fall.

Last year, I saw this mantel from A Place for Us on Pinterest and the Nate Berkus show, and I knew I wanted a mantle similar to it.

Once I made the flowers, I realized I made mine slightly different than how A Place for Us did it. I like their flowers better, but here's my lazy girl's way to make paper flowers.

1. Have a "squarish" piece of brown paper.  It doesn't have to be perfectly square, just "squarish."

2. Fold the paper in half.

3. Fold the paper in half again.

4. Fold diagonally.

5. Cut out leaf shape, but remember not to cut out the seems just like when you made snowflakes in elementary school. Don't use a stencil it doesn't have to be perfect.

6. Open it up and fold each leaf in half.

7. Make 5 to 7 flowers in different sizes. You don't have to worry about each flower being perfect.  These paper flowers are very forgiving.

8. Layer the flowers from biggest to smallest.  Put dot of glue in the center and just keep adding flowers until it looks right to you.

Last, I put some blue painters tape (so it would pull the paint) and attached it to my wall.

Here is the finished product....


That is my phone in the mirror.  I was crouched down trying not to be in the picture.


It's almost a little too much, but I love enjoying my scales. The mirror, pumpkins, and vase came from Goodwill. 


 

1 comment:

  1. oh, i like your way better :) very cute! i am looking at bookshelves i'd like to decorate... which are filled with cookking toys, as the shelves have become the girls' stove and oven and refrigerator. lol....

    ReplyDelete