Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blessing #130 - The Lawn Mower

Sixteen years ago, an accident took the life of a boy my family knew.  It just didn't seem real or right that someone my age could be gone so suddenly. 

Sensing my hurt and questions, my dad told me, "You need to go ride the lawn mower."  I looked back at him puzzled, "But Dad, last time I cut the grass I ran into the side of the house?"  He explained that when he was trying to work through things he would ride on the lawn mower.  He also explained that I didn't have to have the blades down, I just needed to drive around and think. 

For about an hour, I aimlessly drove around our yard.  Much to my surprise, my dad was right.  For me, the lawn mower was a good place to sort through my feelings. 

Tuesday, one of my childhood friends was killed in a car accident.  Her family is an integral part of Ridgeway (the church that my dad pastors).

My heart is broken for her family, husband, and two small children.  I have no Christian cliches to say right now just prayers and a hurting heart. 

Today, I'm taking the lawn mower for a ride.  If you drive by, don't be alarmed if you see me crying, I'm just asking God the tough questions in my heart. 

Please keep the family in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you too. I wish you were here so I could comfort you more. We walk by faith, not by sight or feelings or understanding. We just trust Him, for He has a plan and a purpose. It is easier sunged than practiced.
    Love , dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about this Stephanie :(. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what your dad said.  We don't understand, we just trust the One who is in control.  Love you,  Mom

    ReplyDelete