Friday, October 28, 2011

50 for 30 - Week #3

Last week, I blogged about my harrowing experience on the doctor's office scale...OK...Maybe "harrowing" is a strong word, but humor me.

Once I decided to make a change, I knew exactly what I needed to do. Throughout adulthood, I have tried many different plans to lose weight. I've tried shakes, but I just ended up drinking the shake and eating a meal. I bought the Wii Fit Plus, and much to my surprise, you have to actually work out on it. I thought the pounds would come off just because I spent so much money on it. I worked out at the gym, and suddenly became "too busy to go" just a few weeks later. I set out to run a 5k. I think I made it 2 days, and about 500 feet. The only plan that has ever worked for me was Weight Watchers (I lost 30 pounds on WW 4 years ago).

Many people don't like the points system, but I, being a numbers person, love it. When food is a simple number, portion control makes much more sense to me. Also, with WW, I can eat the same meal that my family eats. I use the "Recipe Builder" tool to figure out how many points a portion would be.

Although I can't make it to WW meetings, I am doing WW online. (I love the WW app for Shad's iPod touch.)

I don't weigh myself at my house at all. If I weigh myself and I've lost, I will slack off the rest of the day. If I weigh myself and I've gained, I get discouraged. To solve this, I go to my doctor's office every Thursday for a weight check. The doctor's office doesn't charge for a weight check, and it gives me a uniform reading.

Week #3- 2.4 lost

Total weight loss- 8.9!
You'll have to excuse me as I do my happy dance...



No comments:

Post a Comment