Friday, September 9, 2011

Curse #28 - Walmart Proactiv

I was having a problem with...blemishes. I would call them pimples, but the word pimple really makes me gag. See, I'm gagging right now as I type this, so for my sake let's call them blemishes.

The blemishes began when I ran out of my normal face wash and I started using Shad's face wash. Well, his face wash and its salicylic acid just doesn't cut it. My face needs the benzoyl peroxide that only my Clean and Clear can give me. Saturday, while visiting Walmart, I looked for my Clean and Clear with 5% benzoyl peroxide, but it was gone. It was probably sold out from all the thirteen year olds going back to school that needed it leaving this late 20 something with blemish issues stranded on the beauty aisle. In the absence of my C&C, I decided to try something new, the Walmart version of Proactiv. What could it hurt?

I started using the arsenal of Walmart Proactiv products on Saturday night, and like the bottles instructed, I used the wash, toner, and lotion day and night. On Monday I told Shad, "My face is looking great!" (Yes, I just announced to him, "My face looks great.") However, as happy as I was with my Walmart Proactiv, I noticed my face was started to feel a little sensitive, and I soon realized that I had spoken too soon.

Tuesday morning, I woke up and my face was even more sensitive. I sat on the couch and watched the news, and my face itched me more and more. My left eye started to swell almost closed and I finally caught on to what was happening. I knew I needed benadryl, but benadryl and two young boys don't go together. I called Shad and told him what was going on, and ended our conversation with, "Just so you know I have to take benadryl so I will get absolutely nothing done today," and honestly that's just what happened, nothing. It took every ounce of energy I had to stay awake through the benadryl and make sure the boys didn't hurt each other or my house.

After a few rounds of benadryl, my face calmed down and looked much more normal, but I had the whole Walmart Proactiv system that I knew I couldn't use. I decided to try and return it to Walmart. As I placed the bottles on the customer service counter, I told the cashier, "I don't have a box, and I don't have a receipt, but this stuff made my face blow up." The cashier didn't say a word to me. I think she may have been afraid. I didn't have on any makeup because my face was still sensitive, and I think she sensed I was on my last straw. She just kept looking at me and then looking at the bottles. She asked me to go get the box off the shelf and then she gave me my $11.97 back with no questions. I guess my face said it all.

I still have my blemishes, but they don't seem quite so bad anymore. At least now both of my eyes are fully open!

No comments:

Post a Comment