Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blessing #86 - The Big Brother



Collin here. I decided to try my hand at blogging again. Today's topic is,

Sometimes having a big brother really stinks...

Sometimes, it really stinks when he tries to act like my third parent and says, "No,no Collin!" when all I want to do is see if the cat food tastes as good as it looks.

Sometimes, it really stinks when he tells on me because I have mom's cell phone. It's not like I was making a call. I just wanted to see if it tasted good.



Sometimes, it really stinks when I'm already embarassed that I have a dirty diaper and he yells and broadcasts to the world, "Mom, Collin smells bad!"

Sometimes, it really stinks when I find and unidentified object on the floor and he swats it out of my hand. If he would just have given me another minute I could have told him what it was.



Sometimes, it really stinks when he's stingy and takes one of his toy cars away from me right before I get to find out if the red truck tastes like cherries.



Sometimes though, my big brother gets his flu shot first to show me that it's not so bad.

Sometimes, when it's my turn to get the flu shot, he shakes a toy maraca, dances, and says, "da doo da doo," so I'll be distracted and won't cry.

Sometimes, when mom tells him how nice he was to help me, he says, "I'm the big brother. That's my job."

During those times, having a big brother is pretty awesome (just don't tell him I said that).


1 comment: