Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturdate with Southern Plate: Texas Caviar



This week I made Texas Caviar. You can find the recipe by clicking here.

I love this dish.

(crowd yells) How much do you love it?

I love it so much I had it at my wedding reception. Seriously. At the time, I hated black eyed peas, but I still loved "Texas Caviar."

I have always used shoepeg corn in this recipe, so that is what I used when I made it this week. The Southern Plate recipe uses regular corn, and I'm definitely trying it that way next time. I think regular corn would add a sweetness to it that would be nice. This is such a great summer recipe.

And just for kicks, here is another link to a copy kat recipe for Chili's salsa. I love Chili's salsa!

(crowd yells) How much do you love it?

I love it so much, I could swim in it...sorry...oversharing.

Anyway, you can find that recipe by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment