Sunday, June 26, 2011

Curse #22 - Dada


Last week, Collin gave Shad the best Father's Day gift ever and said his first word, "Dada." Isn't that great?

Yep, his first word was "Dada" just like Brandon's first word was "Dada." Isn't that wonderful? Just wonderful.

No, I'm not bitter.

Do I seem bitter?

I'm not, but since we are on the subject...

I birthed his 10 pound self. I change his diapers. I get up with him at night. I feed him baby food. I take care of him when he's sick,and I said "Mommma" to him over and over while Shad was at work, and after all that he says, "DADA" first?

Now when I say "Mama" to Collin, he looks me straight in the eye and says, "Dada." The nerve of that kid!

Soon enough though he will figure out how to make the mmmm sound, and "Mama" will follow. For now, I can wait, but his first sentence better be, "I love you, Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment