Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blessing #54 - Milestones

This has been a week of milestones for my boys. I guess it's their birthday presents to me.

Collin started sitting up last week, and this week he decided to start "army crawling" on his belly. Slowly but surely, he is getting where he needs to go. In fact, as I type this he has moved from the front of the room to the back of the room to the loveseat where I am sitting. Here are some pictures of Collin in action.











Not to be outdone, Brandon read his first words this week: cat, sit, cup, bat etc. He is also interested in picking out his own clothes now. Notice he still prefers blue jeans and his rain boots.



Motherhood is a complex world of mixed emotions. Seeing my boys accomplish these milestones brings me a small amount of sadness because I realize they are taking just another tiny step (or crawl) out of my nest. However, these milestones bring me great joy because I also realize they are just one step (or crawl) closer to soaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment