Friday, April 22, 2011

Saturdate with Southern Plate: Daddy's Rise and Shine Biscuits



In all my years, I have never...ever made biscuits from scratch. I haven't felt the need to make biscuits from scratch because I am a master chef of Pillsbury's frozen biscuits.

Yesterday, I set out to make biscuits from scratch for the first time. You can find the recipe I used here. As I have been cooking through Southern Plate, I have burnt chicken fingers, made oozy chocolate chip pie, and tea cakes that did not taste like Ms. Hooper's, but my biscuits were heavenly! I could not believe it! They were the perfect shade of brown and gorgeous, the perfect biscuit. Somewhere in Savannah, Paula Deen felt a shiver run up her spine. When someone asked her what was wrong, she said, "Someone just pulled the perfect biscuit out of the oven."

Here's the irony though. On Monday, my camera broke. I had no camera to document my perfect biscuits. I believe these will be the prettiest biscuits I will ever make, and I have no picture of them!!! So to help out, I drew a picture of the biscuit.



Note: I may have taken some artistic license, and I may have seen the Lion King recently.


4 comments:

  1. Your drawing is cute! I will have to check out that recipe. My biscuits tend to be hockey pucks no matter what I do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture!! Glad you conquered the biscuit making. Seems as though that is the arrival of a great "southern" cook. #3s#1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pahaha!! This is my favorite! No really, this picture is my favorite...I may or may not print it out and carry it in my pocket (By "may not" I mean that I definitely will).

    ReplyDelete
  4. calculatingblessingsApril 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM

    After I posted it, Shad noticed for some reason Brandon has no arms in the picture, and the thing that looks like an armadillo is supposed to be a zebra. Drawing has never been my strong point.

    ReplyDelete