Friday, April 22, 2011

Five Minute Friday: the hard love...

I'm joining Five Minute Friday over at the Gypsy Mama. The rules for the post are that it only has to take you five minutes to write. This week's topic is...

the hard love...

It's Good Friday, and my mind has been thinking today about what Christ did for me on the cross. Truly, Christ experienced "hard love" becuase He did a hard thing for a hard person.

He gave Himself, for me. Me, the girl that found Him early in life, but often takes Him for granted. Me, the woman that likes to take credit for things He gave me. Me, the woman who is "so busy," I struggle to find time for Him. With all my failures, I truly was "the hard love," but still, He loved me.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we are all hard to love, but I think that makes the act of loving and receiving love even greater! Thank you for sharing this 5 minute Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I GET this because I AM this! It blows my mind to consider all that Jesus has done for me, a child so unworthy, but made worthy because of what he's done for ME...and YOU...and others.

    Yep, it's a mind meld this morning reading all these pictures of hard love. Wonderful job with the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't we all the "hard love." I'm so grateful! Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete