Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturdate with Southern Plate- pimento cheese

In case you don't know what Saturdate with Southern Plate is, you can check it out here.

Recently, I went to a birthday party that served homemade pimento cheese. Now, I showed great control when I didn't load my plate up with the cheesy Southern goodness. I just squealed with delight when I saw it, and got myself a reasonable few scoops.

Then our happy story takes a very ugly turn. The bowl of homemade pimento cheese fell on the floor and broke. Now, on the outside, I said, "Oh, no the bowl broke," but on the inside I was thinking, "5 second rule!!! Everybody grab a cracker." However, despite my inner thoughts, I resisted the urge to get on my hands and knees with a cracker.

All that to say, I've had a hankerin' (yes, I said hankerin') for homemade pimento cheese. So I thought I would try that recipe in Southern Plate this week. I hate to say this, but... I didn't like this pimento cheese at all. AT ALL! However, it's not the recipes fault, I just don't like velveeta which is the main ingredient for this pimento cheese (you can find the recipe here). It's like creamy or chunky peanut butter, mayonnaise or miracle whip, or regular or boneless buffalo wings. I just like sharp cheddar cheese in pimento cheese. I searched the internet for a recipe I liked and found this one from Paula Deen. So hopefully, no matter what your taste you can find a pimento cheese you like!

2 comments:

  1. I like the sharp cheese also. Plus I like it when you use words that I understand. I am proud of your ministry near the Mason Dixon Line but we miss you down south. See ya'll soon. #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too!!! You know there's a house available across the street!! Love you all much!! #3s#1

    ReplyDelete