Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturdate with Southern Plate {chocolate chip pie revisited}

In case you don't know what Saturdate with Southern Plate is, you can check it out here.

I have made chocolate chip pie before, but it turned out very gooey...still good but very gooey. I made it twice, and both times the pie turned out gooey. Well, for pi day I made two chocolate chip pies (Pie is a circle and that is what pi is all about). I knew I was taking a risk making the recipe I had failed twice at for the classes I'm subbing in, but guess what? The pies turned out perfect! They were fantastically wonderful, but I felt like the biggest idiot in the world when I realized why these pies turned out better. Are you ready for the secret to perfect chocolate chip pies?


Let the frozen pie crust defrost!


Seriously!?! I felt so stupid. I don't know why I didn't think of it or realize it before. I'm so glad I know now though. I made the pies the night before, and then I put them in the oven for about five minutes just to warm them up right before the classes. Life Lesson 12,483- frozen things need to be defrosted.




Align Center

2 comments:

  1. glad u figured it out- that is too funny. but there are some pies that tell u to NOT defrost the shell........ so don't feel too badly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you Tascha. Proof that I am not a moron!!!

    ReplyDelete