Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturdate with Southern Plate: Depression Bread Pudding

In case you don't know what Saturdate with Southern Plate is, you can check it out here.

This week I made Depression Bread Pudding. You can find the recipe here. I picked this recipe when I had 4 unused hamburger buns that were probably just going to be thrown away. I love how something that was going to be wasted was used to make a great dessert. It was an easy and quick dessert for our family. The only thing I did differently than the recipe was that I broke up the hamburger buns instead of leaving them whole. I know Shad, and if I left the hamburger buns whole he would probably be creeped out. (He's funny like that) However, I broke the buns up so he didn't know they were hamburger buns, and I never told him.

If you like egg custard (like I do) you will like this bread pudding because it tastes very similar to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment