Friday, February 18, 2011

Give Me Five Friday- {5 more words I shouldn't say}



One of the first Give Me Five Friday was 5 words I should never say. Well, it has been a few months, and I have some new words to add to that list. Again, I believe I have aged out of slang. Although some might be able to pull it off, when I say these words, they just sound lame.


{5 more words I should not say}



1. That's how I roll- I used this phrase the other night, and that "that sounded lame" feeling came back again. It's what prompted me to add to the words I shouldn't say list. I wish I could pull this phrase off, but that's not how I roll.

2. Using text in conversation speech - I don't text, so when I use text in speech it sounds really awkward. For example: "That totally made me LOL!" "You're so crazy. J/K" Although, I tried to pull off BTdubs (BTW, by the way) in conversation. I so wanted to be able to say this but BTdubs it sounded lame.

3. Fill in the blank nation- For example: facebook nation, bulldawg nation, people who like to do math nation. I can't do it!

4. Emoticons- I have typed just a few emoticons. Just like lol, I type it, but then it just looks weird. I don't know why I can't pull them off.

5. Wait for it- I really love this phrase, but I have to stop using it because I...wait for it...use it way too much.

2 comments:

  1. My slang word is ... "dude" . I know a fifty seven year old man shouldn't use it but it has so many uses. I am not trying to be cool, but I like it.

    See you dude #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. calculatingblessingsFebruary 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM

    Dude! That is totally your word Dad!

    ReplyDelete