Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessing #27- Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day! To be honest though, I love all holidays. Holidays serve as reminders for me. Thanksgiving reminds me to be thankful. Christmas and Easter what Christ has done for me. Mother's, Father's, and Grandparent's day reminds me to honour those people in my live. Pi Day reminds me of the wonder that is Pi. The 4th of July reminds me of our country's beginnings. Memorial and Veteran's Day reminds me of those that sacrifice so much for our country. Halloween reminds me to visit the dentist. St. Patrick's Day reminds...uh...moving on! I know that the party poopers say things like, "Valentine's Day was made up by greeting card companies." That may be tue, but I'm not going to complain about an opportunity to show love to those in my life. (ok...I'm stepping down off my soap box.)

Every November I think of one thing that I'm thankful for every day. I decided to do something similar for Valentine's day. I'm telling Shad one thing I love about him every day. Everyday, I hide a card for him to find at some point in his day. I pick something that I love about him, and write him a note about it on the inside of the card.



On this night, he watched the boys for me while I went to a baby shower. This note was waiting in the diaper bag. (You have to be a strong man to carry that diaper bag!)


Operation Bring Beard Back took longer than I expected, but the beard is back! This tells Shad I love him, and when placed on his razor, it serves as a reminder not to shave the beard!

On Saturday, we were busy, and I forgot to give him a note. When we were driving to church Sunday, Shad said, "Where was my card? I missed it. I was looking under my pillow for it." That's when I knew he was really enjoying it. Shad's has Valentine's surprises for me too!!! Shad's surprising me every day with a small act of kindness. On the first night, he surprise me with a trip to Sonic! Who knew Sonic was romantic? Did I mention I love Valentine's Day?

Post linked to Works for Me Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Cute post and a great idea! I love your new blog design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am totally going to do this for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am totally going to do this for my husband.

    ReplyDelete